"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilization, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Monday, December 20, 2010

Kathy and Trevor Update

As many of you know, Mom (Kathy) and Trevor were scheduled to arrive today in Florence. I managed to stay south of this freak snowstorm that has been shutting down Europe's airports but Trev and Mom were not so lucky. I haven't heard from them in the past 24 hours but looking at flight tracking makes me think that Mom is currently stuck in Paris and I have no idea where Trevor is - it looks like his flight from DC to Paris was cancelled.

I'll post updates here when people arrive or I hear from them. The weather in Florence is cloudy but not snowing so hopefully as soon as Paris gets back on its feet, they will arrive! I am going to go procure some wine so that we have some on hand - sounds like they might need it after this ordeal.

UPDATE [10:15 PM]: After a long wait in Florence's spacious, comfortable and modern airport, Mom's flight arrived from Paris around 7 PM tonight. We waited and waited for Trevor's flight only to finally find out that it has been diverted to Pisa. So, Mom and I returned to the hotel and are counting on Trevor to use his street smarts to find his way here.

UPDATE [12:49 AM]: Trevor is here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everyone is finally safe and sound!! Have a wonderful visit! :)

    ReplyDelete